Sunday, May 20, 2012

It can't all be perfect . . .

'Cause then, it would really be too good to be true, right?

Good things today -- the filly has a barn name. Sara and I both came up with Lilly separately, but once we knew we had both picked it, it stuck. Dennis still wants to call her Petunia, and he probably will, since he calls Annie "Maud" and he's the only one that does. Sigh. Anyway, she survived the night out in the field, and survived breakfast not arriving as early as she expected. She was quite perturbed at me this morning when her hay arrived after daylight. Not what she is used to, but she survived it!

Oh, Hai! You can't catch meeeeeeee!!!!

She really is gorgeous, and we got to watch her move a good bit today. We didn't deliberately start the trotting-prancing-cantering-running fit on *purpose* though. It just sort of happened. See, we went out to try to catch her, and she wasn't having any of *that*. I'm certain she thought she'd get to go back on the trailer, which I had just moved and parked, and she wanted nothing to do with that idea. And, the first time Sara had her caught, she stepped back and hit the hotwire. Jeepers. That meant in her mind, of course, that Sara was responsible for her getting stung and she was not a happy unit.

She's a beautiful mover -- loved her trot and her gallop was pretty nifty too. :)

We took Razzy out and put her in the yard on the washrack, and Miss Lilly Had.A.Fit. Sara and I stayed patient, and hung out with her through her antics, until she began to calm down. I finally went to grab a bucket, and put some grain in it that made a little noise, and she stuck her nose in that, and I was able to get a lead rope around her neck and get the halter on.

So, we went out to find Razzy, and had some grazing time in the yummy yard grass, and then put them both away.

Other than that incident, and the fact that I can't get her to eat, (not the good things), and the fact that she is In heat, and Taz thinks that is great, and Annie does NOT, everything is lovely! I went to town today, and was able to get a bag of the feed she was more used to, and she ate about half of her dinner. In talking with the trainer today, he keeps telling me not to worry -- she will eat when she is ready.

I'm cute, right?

Not worry? You've got to be kidding! I always worry! That is just what I do!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment